Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Owning my Destiny

So today begins Lent and for a few reasons, I'm most excited about participating this year. I know most definitely without any hesitation I am sure to stick to what I've committed to take out of my life. Lately,I've really been feeling empowered to completely focus on making my existence the best possible and in order to do so I realize that while it may be challenging, old things must be laid to rest. Now you and I both know that habits die hard(hence the definition of the word)but if they aren't beneficial or productive what real purpose do they serve in your world other than headache, heartache, and confusion????

What it really boils down to ya'll is that I don't want to cheat myself of my blessings in this lifetime. All this means is eliminating any BS from your life that will jeopardize your success and throw you off your square... I MUST STAY ON POINT. I'm in the process of ejecting toxins and toxic people from my cipher because I run a tight ship these days and the reality is that few can measure up to my standards of living a good life. The company you keep can either uplift you to the sky or become your downfall. We must choose wisely.

I have absolutely NO TIME for unnecessary negativity and that's why I'm focused on the task ahead and encouraging my friends to stick to their commitments of becoming their best person. What I've chose to sacrifice for Lent will not be simple but that's what's fueling my motivation to make it happen. We deserve happiness, but you have to handle your biz correctly to ensure that it's not a temporary feeling because we all know it sucks when you're feeling blue. Now on to some lighter convo for ya!!

I'm all about indulging in feel good activities and events for the mind, body and soul and that is why yours truly is attending a hot, little event in the City tonight called, "Martinis and Manicures". It's a lovely social event taking place @ Innjoy located in the trendy, revived area of Wicker Park. The manicures are free and the martinis... a solid $5 bucks! SWEET!!! Don't stress if you can't attend because surely you know your girl will have a tale or two for you manana, and maybe a few photos:-)On that note, I'll check ya later, have a mellow evening and smile...You are so loved!!

CIAO

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister, I agree with the idea of owning your destiny. A songwriter says "I'll do anything to find my destiny, but it's like fighting with gravity." We get so caught up in this world that we often times forget who we are. As Daughters of the living GOD, it says in his word that he will not withhold any good thing from us. If it were good, HE would have said Yes. Either the timing was wrong or from HIS position he saw that the future of it was weak. So we must seek patience and learn to wait on his timing, for his timing is perfect!

    "The Opposite of LOVE is FEAR"
    luv ya...Dreizy

    ReplyDelete